Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFPxWorkbookXLSX: "SaveTableToWorkbookEx" method shows Windows file copy dialogs

Rajesh Karunakaran

Programmer
Sep 29, 2016
MU
Dear all,

I am writing contents of a DBF file to a XLSX file using the VFPxWorkbookXLSX library.
When the "SaveTableToWorkbookEx" method is running, it shows the native Windows' file copy dialogs.

1726994868748.png

Is there a way to disable these?

What instruction in the code results in this occurring?

Also, what is the state of the following:

SET TALK
SET SAFETY
SET NOTIFY

You can put in something like the following:
MESSAGEBOX("SET TALK =" + SET("TALK"))
... etc.
And it will give you the state, without SETTING STEP ON, which can sometimes alter what you get. (Who was it that said "The act of observation changes the outcome" What that Heisenberg? Oppenheim? My scientist quotes are a little rusty.)
I prefer to test these types of things "live" sometimes and avoid SET STP ON unless there is some kind of syntax or logic error I'm trying to track down.

Scott,

The following line causes the Windows native dialogs to appear.
Code:
loShell.NameSpace(tcZipFile).MoveHere(loFile, FOF_SILENT)

This is in the "AddFilesToZip" method.

Obviously, loShell is created as below
Code:
loShell  = CREATEOBJECT("shell.application")

Rajesh, look at how the "MoveHere" works. This is likely utilizing Windows level call (whether you realize it or not). If you change how that works, then you can make this dialog disappear. But you aren't showing me the code, so I can't help you.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back