Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFPCom Utility Not work in Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranklinYeung

Programmer
Apr 20, 2001
HK
Hi all,

When using the VFPCom utility, it cannot be run on Windows
2000, both Pro or server. What i encounter is that the
createobjected object oVFP sudden quit & terminated,
without returning any error code when executing the
cursorTors function (line 5 of the following code),
however, the same program can be executed with any error
in Windows ME.

oVFP = createobject('vfpcom.comutil')
oVFPRS = createobject('adodb.recordset')
? 'VFP Com Type = ' + type('oVFP')
select * from MY_TABLE where !deleted() into cursor xUpload
nError = oVFP.cursorTOrs(oVFPRS, 'xUpload')
? 'Any error ? = ' + alltrim(str(nError))

Any suggestion to solve or get around? Or it is the
problem due to the usage of the VFPcom in my program?

Please Help! Many thanks!

:-(
Franklin

HI Rick,

I am using the latest vfpcom as specified from you supplied link already.

For my further testing in windows 2000 platform, some of the vfp tables can be converted to recordset without any problem, while for one particular table, the com utility sudden terminate itself and the main program quit automatically. I test the same program on Windows ME, all tables can be converted without any problem and the record size is matched before and after conversion.

That why i wonder why the same vfpcom object can't return any error even failed in Window 2000, and why the same vfpcom have different performance in two different platform.

Is there any limitation not specified for the conversion when running on windows 2000? such as VFP Tables size? no. of fields? no. of memo. field, etc.

Any idea about this.

Franklin

Rick,

I could also find what you searched in MS website before, seems nothing about the error or bugs for CursorToRS. For the same table, nomatter the recordsize, why the same vfpcom perform extremely different in WinME and Win2000....

Seems no way to tackle such abnormality...

Poor!

Franklin

Franklin,
Have you looked at the free class at - "wwXML Class - exporting and importing XML for VFP". It would allow you to go from cursor to XML to ADO and back. (Note: I've not used this, but I have used other code from Rick Strahl, and it's always great, or he'll get it fixed!)

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back