Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vfp8 odbc enginebehaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgirish

Programmer
Feb 27, 2003
US
How do i set enginebehaviour 70 in foxpro 8 odbc? I am using coldfusion to access foxpro table. Everything was working fine in vfp6. But now I am having problem with odbc date. I ahve tried to put enginebehaviour 70 in config.fpw in home() directory. Didn't work.

I am accessing vfp8 database through coldfusion files which uses foxpro ODBC driver. I know I can specify enginebehaviour for foxpro Oledb but I don't know how to specify enginebehaviour for ODBC driver.

Since the VFP ODBC driver was last updated for VFP 6.0, it doesn't know anything about the changes made to the VFP 7.0 and 8.0 database structures. On the other hand, it just can't support things like database events and auto incrementing fields, what SET ENGINEBEHAVIOUR feature are you trying to over ride?

Rick

After spending little time, I found out that, enginebehaviour is not a problem. The problem lies with insert statement. It seems that foxpro gives error (command contains unrecognized phrase/keyword) on insert statement if number of fields in insert statement exceeds 12 or 13. I tested with sqlconnect and sqlexec on 2 machines and one gave error on 12 fields and 13 fields on other. My production server (win2k) does not have vfp8 , and there is no problem with insert. But on my developement machine I have vfp8 with win2k and insert does not work.

I doubt if it's really the number of fields, but rather the actual length of the command. Are the field names and/or the data values/names really long?

Could you post a "good" vs. "bad" Insert command?

Rick

Yes. It's length. According to my test insert takes values upto 537 characters. My table's total length of fields is 640. So broke insert statement into insert and update. It works. But still I don't understand why it works with vfp6 and not with vfp8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back