Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP6R.DLL error

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick66

Vendor
Sep 25, 2001
US
I am running a Visual Foxpro 6.0 application on a Novell Netware server and am getting errors when I go to a certain area of the application. The error reads:
V has caused an error in VFP6R.DLL
V will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting you computer

V caused an invalid page fault in Module VFP6R.DLL @ 015f:0c2eee02d

After above error, the following error displays:
V caused an invalid page fault in Module KERNEL32.DLL @ 015f:0c2eee02d

Upon closing above errors, the system will display a Novell message:
Netware Alert
Client32:File filename could not be auto-reconnected because the file could not be re-created. Press Cntrl-Enter to continue.

How can I fix this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Have you tracked down the exact code that's causing this? Does it always happen? Does it happend on all workstations, or just one?

What version (Service Pack) of VFP 6.0 are you running? Does the runtime version match the one on the developer's system that is creatting the .EXE?

Is the Novell client up to date? Have all the OS updates on the workstation(s) been applied?

Rick

The strange thing is that it is only occuring on two workstation, where others are fine. I have the latest Novell client installed the and the application was written in VFP 6 SP 5.

Sounds to me like they have a flakey network connection. Check the network cable, nic, hub, that sort of stuff too.

Dave S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back