Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP6, XP, ASP, & IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

moranpl

Programmer
Mar 14, 2003
US
Hello all,

I am using VFP6 as the backend database. Accessing it using ASP pages that create a recordset. When ever I try to update I receive the message "Cannot update the cursor". This only happens on my XP notebook. At work we use WIN2k and everything works just fine.

Any ideas of where to look?

Thanks,
Pat Moran

Check if attributes of ur .dbf file. Make sure its not set to read-only.

:)

The files are not marked as read-only. The only times I get the error message is when I am running through IIS and the error says "Cannot update the cursor". The line on the ASP page that is doing the update fails. I can open VFP and create an ADO connection object and record set (just like the ASP page is doing) and I can update successfully. The only time I can't is when I'm running the web site and the asp codes runs.

Any ideas of why this happens in only XP and not Windows 2000?

Thanks,
pat moran

There is a difference when testing and running under IIS. When testing everything is running under your user-id and you probably have elevated rights. When running IIS you may be using IUSR_ or IWAN_ as a user, and both have restricted rights. To test: make sure the website runs under admin rights. If this works you must make sure website is run with proper rights. Also make sure that temp files are created in a place where the IIS user has proper rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back