Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP ODBC Driver file extension 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBeaver

Programmer
Mar 7, 2004
Is is possible to use vfp odbc driver (vfpodbc.dll) with dbf files that have an extension other then *.dbf? I have a free table directory with dbf files with extension .wdb, when renamed, work perfectly with the odbc driver.

No, I can't see any way of doing that. The ODBC Data Sources applet only lets you go down to directory level. I've just tried manually editing a DSN to add a wildcard file spec (... \MyDirectory\*.WDB). It didn't work.

I'd guess it would be the same story with OLE DB, since it uses a similar interface.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Thanks Mike, I have come to the same conclusion, but wanted to run it by the community to see if there was a method of doing this. I will use the command "fsutil hardlink create <dest.dbf> <source.wdb>" as a work around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back