Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP Network App slow 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

psalyer

Technical User
Jun 20, 2001
US
I can logon any of our 300 network machines and the app runs very fast. When anyone else logs on the same machine it runs very slow. Any ideas? The app runs extremely fast in a stand alone enviroment also.

Well, here is what I would do ...

I would create a test user with the same login as one of the other "slow" users.

Then I would keep modifying that login script in the direction of a "fast" user's login script .... and try it after each change ... until it got "FAST" . Then I would know what did it.

Don
dond@csrinc.com

I am interested your application. I written an Health Billing and Document manage system, that has been running for more than 5 years in Client Server Mode. The server is only being used as a file server, all programs being executed on the Client workstation.

Currently my customers are using the system with about 25-50 clients. I am trying to sell this product to larger companies with say 150-more users. Their IT experts are telling my potential customer that Visual FoxPro can not be used for more than 50 clients.

I see you are using it for 300 or more. Can you provide any information about the usage and performance of your application.

I have run many test using Windows 2000 Advanced Server and monitoring the server usage with great success, but the experts say that is not good enough they need proof of some other application.

Can you help

I'm sure there are others with much larger applications. This one only has 28K records now. I rewrote the search capability eliminating the VFP wizard generated "FIND" button and it is extremely fast now. I have other applications that have just less than 100K records and they are also very fast. I usually have between 25 and 50 simultaneous users at any given time.
There are many others with more experience with VFP 6.0 as far as performance that I'm sure can help you with that info.

I am interested in any application with 150 users or more. I written an Health Billing and Document manage system, that has been running for more than 5 years in Client Server Mode. The server is only being used as a file server, all programs being executed on the Client workstation.

Currently my customers are using the system with about 25-50 clients. I am trying to sell this product to larger companies with say 150-more users. Their IT experts are telling my potential customer that Visual FoxPro can not be used for more than 50 clients.

I have run many test using Windows 2000 Advanced Server and monitoring the server usage with great success, but the experts say that is not good enough they need proof of some other application.

Can you help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back