Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP EXE software copy protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwxpnd

Programmer
Sep 29, 2005
US
I have VFP 9 and currently I use Crypkey (purchased years ago), but I can only license one product and upgrades for Crypkey are too expensive.

I have been looking at SOFPRO. Their pricing looks good and I would be able to license more than one product. Is their product good?

I would like to know what else is out there and if it’s any good.

Does anyone have any recommendation for software copy protection?

These are EXE wrappers so I can license my software.

You can put licensing code into your application rather than using a third-party product. Both Doug Hennig and Barbara Peisch have written about this in FoxTalk. Check back issues.

Tamar

Licensing code won't work with some of the written applications (because they were generated with a 3rd party tool). So I need a wrapper.

Thanks for the suggestion Tamar.

jwxpnd,

I have been using HASP SRM from Aladdin and have had great success with it. You essentially use a USB Key and then call the HASP API to access the licensing you created on the USB Key. Not cheap, but works great.

Greg Grewe
Diamond Consulting, LLC

I purchased SOFPRO's PCGUARD and it work great.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back