Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP Class for XLSX Files 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggreen61

Programmer
Jun 19, 2013
US
Hello--

I have put a new beta release of the VFPxWorkbookXlsx class that provides for writing directly to XLSX files without the use of automation. This release I have added a new class that is a Report Listener class that will allow you to write to a XLSX file via a standard VFP Report (FRX) file. Please see the program main.prg for an example of calling the listener class and the properties that can be set to control the XLSX file generation. This class is located at:

I would appreciate any feedback and reports of errors in generating the XLSX file.

Greg

Dear Greg,

I have already written in one of my posts for which you had replied with links onto this class.

Currently, I have some requirements for generating XLS/XLSX files from reports forms as a general feature in our application. I will certainly, download, do trial runs with various reports I have and update you very soon.

Thank you so much for taking your time and putting efforts to make something like this for the VFP community.
All best wishes dear Greg!

warm regards,
Rajesh

This class is fantastic, it allows you to generate Excel files from VFP cursors that include memo fields. Thanks for sharing this fabulous tool.
I have read the included documentation, but I can't find a way to make my entire sheet have "Segoe UI" size 9 as its font.

There is a property for setting the default font name and font size. Please see the following properties:

this.DefaultFont = "Calibri"
this.DefaultFontSize = 11

These are used in the method SaveTableToWorkbookEx(). The method SaveGridToWorkbookEx() uses the grid column settings to determine the font name and size.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back