Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP cannot start. Could not load resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

july22

Programmer
Oct 4, 2003
CA
Hi,
I have an application and build an exe file with no errors. I use InstallShield to create the setup disk. InstallShield completes build sucessfully. I run setup and when I click on the installed application I get the message VFP cannot start. Could not load resources. Press F1 for help.
I have tried more simple app. and it works.
I don't understand what is happening, in InsatllShield I went through the same process with the simple app. as I had with my real app.
My real application's exe is 2.4 MB, I tried a shorter version of o.5 MB and the problem continues.

Thank you for any help.

July22

Take a look at faq184-4421.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

... if I may... I've read this post and gone to all the others that are suggested, and I am still having a problem.

I have a slightly different task, I am trying to call a fox exe from a SQL DTS package. I DO have all of the DLL's in all the of the directories that are mentioned that they need to be in.

Not sure what else to try, I've rebuilt the exe recompiling all files and it runs great from some locations and just not from the server I'm trying to run it from, so something is definitely missing, I just don't know what... and Yes I am sure all of the dll's are in the correct spot... if what I read in this prev. post is correct anyway.

Has anyone done this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back