Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP Book suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppStaff

Programmer
Sep 21, 2002
US
I have been developing in MS Access for over 10 years and now find myself in an environment using an application designed in visual fox pro 6.0.

Can anyone suggest some books or reference links that will get me up to speed on the basics and beyond?

Specific topics of interest...
Interface with MS Access (ODBC)
Queries
Function references
Command window
Designing a database application in vfp 6.0

Sorry, best i can do. Hard for me to say what i need to know really :(

Thanks for any responses!

You might want to look at the references listed in...
thread184-451636

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Thank you both! These links look like a great place to start.

If you can find them, the Microsoft Press books
Visual Foxpro 6 Language Reference and
Visual Foxpro 6 Programmer's Guide
will give you good no-frills information. The Language Ref was invaluable to me in my transition from Clipper to VFP6. I just wanted the bottom-line 411, not all the fluff some of the other books have. No offense to authors who may be reading this - I just have a short attention span so I need to get the answer fast before I forget the question.

Mike Krausnick
Dublin, California

That's true - but if you don't know what you're looking for, or to discover new things you didn't know, there's no substitute for being able to thumb through a real book.

Mike Krausnick
Dublin, California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back