Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vfp App in Windows Server 2012 - "This App can't run on this PC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KALP1

Programmer
Aug 26, 2016
IN
My App was working fine in Windows Server 2008 and 2012. Few days back, I had to format server due to some technical problem and reinstalled Windows Server 2012. After this,above said error appears once in a while in a day and I have to ask my users to either use another executable with diff. name or ask them to leave that particular instance of Exe.When none of the users use that particular instance,it is then available for reuse. What might be reason for this as before installation, my EXE was working perfectly fine even in Windows 2012.

KALP1 said:
Issue is the one with which thread started.
I don't understand that sentence.

You initially said, you reinstalled Windows Server 2012.
Anytime you get the error "class not registered" is a proof the class is not registered correctly and/or not for all. So fix that issue first! It's a proof, not merely a hint on that probably being a problem. Classes also don't unregister themselves automagically, once they are registered.

Also notice: Installation is a one time process, you don't do that everytime you make use of Parallelfox, you do this once.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back