Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFanslow

Programmer
Jul 16, 2014
US
Hi All...

I am looking for a VFP 7.0 install set of CD's/DVD's
it would appear i have the files , just need to get a hard install on a XP machine.... to replace the old one

My client is running a version of 7.0 but it seems the previous developer took the install disks.
I am willing to pay for them...

Can anyone help me with this ??????

Fanz

There might be a copy or two for sale out there - VFP6 is commonly available on eBay, but I don't see any 7s

I never used 7, so I can't help.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm trying to cut down on the use of shrieks (exclamation marks), I'm told they are not good for you.

If you have a valid product key you'd only need the ISO download of an MSDN subscription. To make that available would perhaps be in a legal gray zone, but you couldn't install the ISO without a product key anyway.

So do you have one?

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf

Nope, which is why i am looking to buy a copy...
i assume someone has one sitting around that they could sell me...

This is all do to some coding changes that need to be made on a XP box running 250 VM sessions

Well, then I can't help you, license keys created within an MSDN subscription are not for resale, AFAIK.
But do you have VFP9?

Read about your DOWNGRADE right in §5. The only catch is you don't get the download by MS, but you may solve it if your customer has an MSDN subscription.

Bye, Olaf.

Fanz,

Are you planning to do some development work on the application? Or do you just need to run it within the development environment?

If the latter, it might well run correctly under VFP 9.0, provided you SET ENGINEBEHAVIOR to 70. That said, there are a few other minor differences in behaviour, so you would have to test it carefully before relying on it.

Just a thought.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back