Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP 6.0 WWW Search Page Wizard - Can't make it work.. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeaglefeather

Programmer
Apr 10, 2004
US
The builds xxx.htm, xxx.htx, xxx.idc files.

xxx.htm refers to (form action vfpcgi.exe?IDCFile=xxx.IDC).

The xxx.idc file has sql statements, and refers to xxx.htx.

When I execute xxx.htm with IExplorer, enter a search string and click on Search, I get a file download window which is asking for vfpcgi.exe.

Why does this happen?

What is the relationship between my xxx.*, IExplorer, and vfpcgi ? Do I also need to have a web server running?

Thanks for any help.

The following link probably does a better job of explaining it than I could do...

boyd.gif

I read the suggested document. Sorry to be so dense, but I am still missing something.

1. Placed the files generated by wizard (web1.htm, web1.htx, web1.idc) in folder c:\_webserver.

2. Copied ALL the foxpro inetwiz\server files to c:\_webserver (server.app,vfpcgi.exe, etc.).

3. Copied my database customers.dbf, customers.cdx to c:\_webserver.

4. Now everything is in one folder. I checked the vfpis.ini:

HTTPRoot=C:\_WEBSERVER\
ScriptRoot=C:\_WEBserver\
Path=C:\_WEBserver\CUSTOMERS

5. I start up server.app, then web1.htm with Internet Explorer.

6. I type a name in the search text, hit the Search button, and get a file download screen for file vfpcgi.exe.

7. I respond "Open" and see a black box flash by and then back to the web1.htm screen. There are some words on the black screen but I don't know how to stop it for reading.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

This time I copied vfpcgi.exe,web1.htm, web1.htx, web1.idc to c:\inetpub\
When I start server.app and run web1.htm, I get this message: "No .IDC file was specified"

Call me confused.

Thanks.

davidebrown@indy.rr.com

Sounds like you haven't yet sussed the difference between file access with the file system (i.e. File->Open on the menu) and http: access to a webserver.

The file you should be opening in IE is something like
Although if I were you I'd abandon the whole effort. IDC/HTX are deprecated methods of accessing data on a web server. They're something like 3 generations out of date, and many server admins actually unmap those extensions in IIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back