Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP 6.0 SP5 DOWNLOAD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanEvansJr

Programmer
Aug 17, 2001
US
I had to do a fresh install of VFP 6 on two of my machines and I'm in need of Service Pack 5. Yes, I know that we're several versions behind and FoxPro = twilight technology yadda yadda yadda. I'm just a Dev and I don't make purchasing/upgrade decisions.

I can't find it anywhere. There was one version here on CD but the CD is now fubar. I've searched everywhere. No, it is not on the Microsoft site and Google has been no help at all since most of the responses point to the Microsoft site!

Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks but that's not it. That's a 4MB merge module for the installer. The full SP5 is well over 100MB.

Thank you, but SP6 is NOT cumulative for Visual FoxPro SP5. The search continues . . .

Microsoft Service Pack 6 for Visual Studio 6.0 addresses known issues with Visual Basic 6.0, Visual C++ 6.0 and Visual Source Safe 6.0. This service pack does not contain fixes for Visual InterDev 6.0, Visual FoxPro 6.0, and Visual J++ 6.0, as the mainstream life-cycle for these products has ended. This SP replaces Service Pack 5 for developers using Visual Basic 6.0, Visual C++ 6.0, and Visual SourceSafe 6.0.

If you do a Google search for: "vs6sp5.exe" download
you will find a good number of 'finds'.

VS6SP5 is most likely the one you are looking for since VFP6 was 'bundled' as part of VS6 and that download file is about 130MB in size (consistent with your comment: "The full SP5 is well over 100MB")

I would guess that some of the Google 'finds' are not valid download sites, but odds are that one of them has what you need.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Thx, jrbbldr. That did it. I had to do it at home because several of the 'download' sites were blocked by my web gateway here at work (with good reason), and several pages of Googling later I did find what I needed.

I extracted it and all appears well. Now . . . to make SEVERAL backup copies :)

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back