Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP 5.0 VS VFP 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdam

Programmer
Oct 28, 2001
AR
Hello:

Excuse my English. I speak Spanish

I've programmed a grid to add item by item . On the first column I've used a class that gives me a help (displays a table with codes and descriptions of articles, customers, etc. I choose one and it reads all fields)and. then I pass to the third column to input the quantity.

Under VFP 5.0 it works perfectly. The problem is that I need use VFP 7.0 to use an Active X control whichs let me use a fiscal printer and 5.0 doesn't work.

When I run my program under 7.0 after - and only after - I use my help to retrieve an article the focus disapear...

The help form uses a grid too... but, I insist, under VFP 5.0 it works well.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Héctor

hdam,

Your English is way better than my Spanish :)

So you have made no changes to the grid nor the class in the first column? Is that class a ComboBox?

Are you using the ActiveX control in the grid?

Does it seem that just by running the form in VFP7.0 it stops working properly?

Is the problem in an exe?

Stewart

Stewart:

Thank you for answer.

Well, I'll answer now:

My help is a Textbox with Valid modified to get data from a especified table based on the variable in the controlsource.

It opens a form that add a grid by programming with de appropiated fields.

The activex control is the reason for change 5.0 to 7.0 but it is not the problem right now. I haven't included it yet.

The problem appears when I am testing the system - I didn' build the .EXE yet - right now I think perhaps when I build the EXE it will work properly... Everything is possible in Bill Gates'World...

If it's that I promise I will tell you.

And yes, only running VFP7 ruins my dream... If the activex would work I wouldn't change (I don't want to fly in Internet with my systems, I only want to my customers sell candies, or shoes or clothes...)

Well, thanking you again I greet you from Argentina.

Héctor

Is it possible that you have some setting different in your VFP 7 environment than in your VFP 5 environment? One of the SET commands, for example?

Tamar

TamarGranor:

It is possible but I've programmed a class to set environment when I start all my applications and that didn't change.

I'll check wether there is any new variable.

Thank you very much.

Héctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back