Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

very weird boot up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

den21

Technical User
Dec 19, 2002
MY
I've got a P2XBL Pentium 3 550Mhz motherboard which has a very weird problem.When booting up i can hear beeps which indicates that the RAM has a problem.This is an intermitent problem cause sometimes it can boot up properly without any
problem.I already tried changing different slots and the problem still accurs.Change another brand new stick of RAM and also it is intermitent.I don't understand why sometimes it can boot up without any problems and sometimes beeps indicating the RAM is faulty or out of place.Tried clearing the CMOS and it is still the same.Maybe someone has encountered this problem before

Are you actually having a problem with running the machine?

yes definitely.I just don't like the idea of shutingdown the PC manually by pressing the power button or the reset button everytime my PC boots incorrectly.I'm worried that if everytime i do this it will shorten the lifspan of my hard disk drive.

i had a problem like that and my video card was the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back