Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

very very seriuos Outlook problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

audriuxg

Programmer
Apr 13, 2005
LT
I have found many posting of the error occuring but none of them have
answered my situation.

System Specs:

Office: Office 2002 updated (Server running Exchange 2003 Stand.)
AV: Norton Corp v8.0 updated

Situation:

Open Outlook/ create new mail / click the TO: button...
system waitings and reports "The remote Procedure call Failed" and
Outlook shuts down...

I know that there is no virus on this computer many different AV
products scans confirms this.

Please help. Thanks.
Audrius

Have you tried recreating the profile?

Have you tried getting rid of Norton - I'm no expert but I have seen plenty of posts that suggest that Norton interferes with a LOT of processes and makes them hang...

Rgds, Geoff

"Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which has occurred"

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

recreating profile can not solve this problem. If you recreating the profile, its OK, but then you close Outlook, and later you open it, the problem is a same as was (Open Outlook/ create new mail / click the TO: button...
system waitings and reports "The remote Procedure call Failed" and
Outlook shuts down... ).

//Have you tried getting rid of Norton - I'm no expert but I have seen plenty of posts that suggest that Norton interferes with a LOT of processes and makes them hang...
Rgds, Geoff
//
Yes I tried it. Problem is a same.

Leave the old account as it is, then create a new account. Reboot your PC and delete the old account, reconfigure the new account to be whatever the old account was. This creates the account on a new part of your harddrive and forces all programs (Norton, etc) to look for it there, in case you had some corruption on the account or hard drive.

Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back