Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

very-very newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We have a Wind 2000 server for intranet, and nothing else on it.(no SQL server,... nothing) It's posible to run asp-files on it? For examle Acces can generate some asp files. But I dont't know, what I have to put on server in order to work with asp-s. I read about ODBC, but I didn't understood quite well. If somebody can help me, with some clear explanations (step by step),I would be very pleased.
Thanks!

Is IIS installed and configured? You will need this to start. BeckahC

If IIS is not installed go Add/Remove Programs and click on Add Windows componets and then select IIS and complete installation. Once installation is complete save your asp file in the following default folder c:\Inetpub\
Now you should be able to invoke that file in the browser using the following url
hope this helps.

Thanks, but the IIS is installed, other web pages (html) are working. The generated asp-file has the following lines:

<%
If IsObject(Session(&quot;adrese_conn&quot;)) Then
Set conn = Session(&quot;adrese_conn&quot;)
Else
Set conn = Server.CreateObject(&quot;ADODB.Connection&quot;)
conn.open &quot;adrese&quot;,&quot;&quot;,&quot;&quot;
Set Session(&quot;adrese_conn&quot;) = conn
End If
%>
I think,, there is the problem somewhere. I created with the ODBC administrator, on the server a new datasource with the name -adrese( under system DSN - tab)
Is that ok, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back