Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VERY VERY DIFFICULT PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cballe

Programmer
Apr 14, 2002
ZA
HI there,

I need help with the following problem:

ListBox 1: Contains text (say for instance 50 words).
ListBox 2: Displays the text that the user reads.

Above is a speech recognition program that I am working on.
As part of the program, the following result must be obtained: ListBox1 gives the user text to read. As the user reads the text thru the microphone, ListBox 2 displays the text that the user reads. After the user have finished reading the text, a percentage must be given (When user click on button: say for instance button`s name is bResult) of how accurate the text in ListBox1 compares with the text in ListBox2 (The text is suppose to be identical).

Please somebody share your expertise with me by helping me to overcome this problem....

All I want is the code for the bResult button.
Thanks you guys
Best regards Cballe
cplombard@hotmail.com

I think you have to work with paragraphs. If you are using list box then are you going to show words like following:

Let - item 1 - word 1
us - item 2 - word 2
go - item 3 - word 3
for - item 4 - word 4
coffee - item 5 -word 5

If you do like this then how are you going to show punctuation marks like comma, fullstop, etc?

And clarify the question in some more detail.

Have fun,
Malay M. Thakershi
mthakershi@yahoo.co.in

well, if its a long passage, compare no words correct / Total words * 100

would that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back