Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

very urgent, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2002
US
Hi All,

I am developing a report in CR 8 and saving it in 7.0 format beacuse it has to run on CR7 but when the client runs it on CR7 the error comes

"remaining text doesn't appeare to be part of formula"

in a very simple formula

Monthname({?Month}), where {?monthname} is 1.0

It runs fine in 8.0, Crystal help says your report will not get saved correctly in 7.0 if u use basic syntax but i am using "crystal syntax" and also the report get saved correctly without any warning ot error in 7.0 format.

Please help, any pointers will be appreciated also please tell what all features are not supported in 7.0.

Any help or pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Pankaj,

Try to substitute that formula with something like:

Choose ({?Month}, "January", "February", "March", ...)

Cheers,
- Ido ixm7@psu.edu

Ido,

I tried as u suggested but still the same error message.
do u suggest any patches for version 7.0

Can you create a report with that formula within
your Crystal 7.0 installation? ixm7@psu.edu

You need to install a user function library to support these functions.

You can find them at Crystal Decision's web site.

Cheers,
- Ido ixm7@psu.edu

Choose and Monthname are not a part of CR V7. That is why you are getting the error. Do as Ido suggested if the uFLs are available from CD website, and place them in the C:\windows\crystal directory of every machine that needs to run these reports.

If you still have a problem, you may need to manually register the .dlls. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgillz@juno.com

Hi,
How do you manually register .dlls.
Yesterday, I download "cruflwdays.dll" which is a User Function Library that contains functions for handling work days.
I tried putting this in the run prompt: REGSVR32 c:\winnt\system32\cruflwdays.dll.
I've never done this before. I put a copy in winnt\crystal also. I, also, just double clicked on REGSVR32.exe and it wanted a file.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Karen Poore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back