Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

very slow typing rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoricelu

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
RO
Hello.
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and got it with this problem: whether i type in Word or Notepad, or an Internet address, the letters are appearing very slow. I type a sentence and i'm waiting for the letters to show for a long time (approx. 1 letter/second). Can anybody help me with this problem, pls?

Thank you!
PS: I checked the keyboard settings and there are ok.

Some more info is required shoricelu.
Whats your system configuration?
From what you said, are you having this problem from the time you got the PC?
Is this slowness only with regard to 'typing' or is the whole system slow for all operations?

Have you tried running adware/spyware removing softwares like
Adaware/Spybot & Antivirus s/w's? These are the usual ones that cause such problems.

My rest of the system seems to be ok. The processor is 5% busy. I have to check the spyware....

Thank you so much!

Sounds like a background process is taking most of the CPU cycles.

Many people advise using MSCONFIG to disable as much as possible from startup but I prefer to use CodeStuff's Starter (
You can not only see what's being started from where but can also terminate the process from within Starter. Doesn't need to be installed either.

Hope this helps...

A good indication of a problem being caused by other processes or malware is that everything is normal if you try it is Safe Mode. You can also check in Normal Mode using another user profile in case your profile is corrupted.

Removing adware & spyware
faq608-4650

HELP!! Find out whats slowing down my computer!!
thread779-848276

Delayed Response When Editing Internet Explorer Forms and Outlook Express May Take a Long Time to Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back