Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very Peculiar Internet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundraswan

Technical User
Aug 23, 2002
GB
I just formatted and installed XP Home on my comp, and I made two users.

I setup my Dial-Up Networking Internet account on the first user's account and everything worked fine.

I logged off and logged on as the 2nd user, when I opened IE I cancelled the "New Connection Wizard", went to Tools>Internet Options>Connections and made the Internet account I created on the first user the default for the 2nd user.

Connected to the Internet successfully on the 2nd user, but when I went to google and entered a string into the search field and clicked Search, there was no response. Then I realised it wasn't just google, when I went to eBay to log in for the first time, I typed my username/password and attempted to log-in, same problem, no response. Couldn't even sign-in on the Tek-Tips forum on the 2nd user's account.

Every other aspect of internet usage works, but when it comes to inputting any data into any fields I am witheld from making any progress.

I have tried creating new users, but they all suffer the same problem.

But, as I mentioned the 1st user's account (which I am using to log-in/post message on Tek-Tips) works perfectly.

Thanks for any help on this strange problem.

Logon as one of the problematic users, and run the New Connection Wizard.

Have tried but didn't make any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back