Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very Odd bug with Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

andegre

MIS
Oct 20, 2005
US
I am trying to create and AfterUpdate procedure on a combo box, but when I click the (...) next to the AfterUpdate() line of the properties, and then click the Code Builder, it sends the cursor to a different form's code, and the cursor is sitting in the middle of the subroutine. Anyone know why it doesn't create the 'Private Sub combobox_AfterUpdate()' subroutine?

Most likely it is taking you to problem area in your code. Try compiling the code and see what happens.

After looking at it for a long time:

The combo box was originally a text box (text3) and I converted it to a combo box. The form was new and for some reason it did not recognize that the new combo box was not a part of any form. I renamed the combo box to (combo_box_CD_ID) and then clicked on the (...) next to AfterUpdate() and it took me to the VBA window.

For some reason it did not recognize the combo box until I renamed it.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back