Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very low bandwidth Emulex LP8000DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

atravel

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2004
US
Hello,

it's connected on one channel to a Symmetrix 3830, using ED1032. Emulex got the EMC approved firmware, W2k drivers.
So far it's got connected, I got all the LUNs visible, mounted with drive letters, partitioned-formatted, read-write OK, working fine but VERY SLOW: 4 gigs takes more than 15 minutes to copy...
I tried to measure its speed with Nbench but it freezes always.

Settings under elxcfg (started with --emc switch, of course) exactly follow the corresponding pdf.

Any idea? Thanks!

what is your server? what OS/Service Pack? could you use an LP8000 instead LP8000DC?

cheers.

Thanks for your reply.
It's a Windows 2000 Pro WS right now w/ all the current updates installed. I have dozens of LP8000DC but no LP8000.

What is the hardware you are running on?

Make
Model
Bus Speed
CPU
Memory

It's a Compaq Evo W8000 but I can try different machines as well: hp xw8000, dual Opteron WS, etc.

Evo W8000: dual 1.7GHz Xeon, 2GB RDRAM, SCSI U160 disk subsystem.

Not really. It's working under W2k3 Server though but still slow: some 3xMB/s write speed on 1Gb fiber...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back