Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Very Broad Option 81 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scphoneguy

Vendor
Jan 30, 2009
US
I have a customer that removed an Option 81 about a year ago. Now they want to re-install this same system in another state. Now, they have completely disassembled it and it is in their warehouse. I, personally, am pretty good with the software but the hardware...i'm lost. I put in a 61 for the same customer (and same situation) about 2 years ago but I had help re-assembling it. Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, pictures, parts list, etc. that might help me with this? ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
scphoneguy

The main difference between the 61c and 81c are the fact that the cores are in different columns, requiring a special system monitor ribbon cable, and the intergroup module (if you are not running FNF).

If you can get your hands on a large system installation book, you should find everything you need inside.

The biggest challenge to these situations is getting ALL of the parts required to complete the installation. These customer warehoused systems have a way of coming up short on pieces when it is time for re-installation (in my experience).

Thats what I'm worried about...finding ALL of the parts I need. Guess I need to crack some books! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back