Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VERY BIZARRE PROBLEM--HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

desikan

Technical User
Feb 2, 2001
AE
Hi,
I am facing a very bizarre problem in my Access 2000 database.
I have a form with a subform. After entering data in Main form,I have seen in very rare cases, a window opens asking whether to save the record or save to clipboard.

If I choose "save record" then in some cases, data in all the fields in the Main form including the primary index field vanish for this particular record but the corresponding entries in subform are still available. I am not able to enter/delete the primary index field of this particular record and when I try it, I get following message : SEARCH KEY WAS NOT FOUND IN ANY RECORD (ERROR 3709)and as per Microsoft help, this error occurs when ISAM SEEK is being executed.

I hope what I am writing makes sense as honestly I cannot make out what is going on!!

I would be very grateful for any expert advice about this strange observation.

Thanks

Hi everyone,
I am afraid this thread has gone too deep in the thread list and perhaps people have missed it.

If any one else has experienced similiar situation and got any clue, I would be very grateful if you could share the information.

Thanks in advance

desikan - try a google search using "SEARCH KEY WAS NOT FOUND IN ANY RECORD (ERROR 3709)". There are several causes and fixes listed and you'll probably need to get through them one by one to see which one fits your situation.

This may be why you have no responses so far.

-Tracy

Thanks Tracy for your reply. i will do what you have suggested and I will let you know what I find.

Thanks

Hi,

I have seen this in databases where tables or records have been locked for or during editing.

In particular, in my case, when an Access database had been linked to a MySQL database (tables) and the corresponding table did not have a timestamp field.

To cure the issue in my instance I simply added an extra field with a timestamp and the database worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back