Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vertical Text 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaaret

Instructor
Jun 19, 2002
Is there a way to use vertical text on a report that reads bottom to top instead of top to bottom?

Yes. Search for the solution. Stephen Lebans has a rotate text sample with code.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Thanks Duane for pointing out the Lebans code. Very helpful - I have been wondering how to do this for a while - have a star!

However, do you know if there is a way to wrap the text within the caption?

Chopsuey

If text can be wrapped in a vertical box, Stephen Lebans would be the person who would know how to do it. You might want to search his site.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]

Thanks Duane. I had already checked out Stephen Lebans site plus looked through any references I could find elsewhere on the net but there was nothing relevant. Perhaps I need to email him.

Chopsuey

Stephen prefers that you ask questions in the Microsoft Access public news groups as noted at
Duane MS Access MVP

I also looked at Lebans site and could not find the information you alluded to.

I go back to my original question: Is there a way to use vertical text on a report that reads bottom to top instead of top to bottom?

An answer on this site would be more helpful than a redirection to another website.

There is no way to answer this question with words alone. I can't tell you want properties to edit or what code to write. You need to download the sample with code found at
Did you try this? If you did and it didn't meet your needs then ask for assistance from Stephen in a MS public news group. Stephen doesn't participate here.

Duane MS Access MVP

If I understand the question properly, it wouls SEEM LIKE you could use the existing Vertical Text with the string reversed to get Top Down to resemble "Bottom Up", Then, it also seems confusing to most, as this is far from the norm.

MichaelRed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back