Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vertical page break

Status
Not open for further replies.

pachad

Programmer
Mar 13, 2003
US
I have a report with many fields:
[tt]
|-----| A | B | C | ....
| xyz | 1 | 2 | 1 | ....
| wxy | 4 | 4 | 3 | ....
[/tt]
etc.

Question:
Is there a way I can have access automatically insert a page break between column B and column C?

The page break control in access seems to allow only horizontal breaks (i.e. betwwn xyz and wxy).

Thanks.

Th only method that I am aware of is setting the left and right margins as well as the report width. There may be ways of getting around this if we knew you requirements.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Th only method that I am aware of is setting the left and right margins as well as the report width.

So I have to know the page size, and manaually set the columns on a new page?

Your page/paper width might be 8.5" with left and right margins of 1". If your report width is 10", about 3.5" will be pushed to another page.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]

Thank you for the quick response.

I was hoping for an automatic way of doing this similar to the page break control for horizontal breaks. Does such a thing exist?

Not that I am aware of. I have wished for the ability to set "row headings" on the left that would be present on "wrapped" pages.

Duane MS Access MVP

That's what I am looking for. I know similar capability exists when printing Excel spreadsheets that overlap multiple pages...

I don't recall if I saw this feature in Access 2007 but it hasn't been there before.

Duane MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back