Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version Values for Proxy Address Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrixUSA

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
US
When attempting to create new email address I receive an error that refers me to the event log. In the application event log the following errors are logged:

An error occurred during file replication. Unable to find a file with the correct version number. Occurred during address generation.
followed by
The file version of 'C:\exchsrvr\address\SMTP\i386\<filename>.dll' installed on the local server is not current.

It repeats this error specific to each address generator.

Went in and modified (four did not match) version values for proxy address generators to match server build version. Double-checked ‘server name’ properties as well as each of the ‘proxy address generator object’ properties and all versions matched.

Still receive same error when attempting to create new address.

Any clue as to what's happening?
Thanks - PatrixUSA

Alright – successfully installed IIS but still no Service shows up in services – rebooted – still no Service but tried to reapply Exchange SP anyway, only to get same message:
“Setup is starting the World Wide Web Publishing Service service.”
With the same error:
“The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
Microsoft NT
ID no: 0xc0020424”
IIS shows up in my network control panel and in the IIS Setup this Service shows up checked as installed but doesn’t show up in my services. Should Service show up in my services?

The World Wide Web Publishing Service service does show as a service on my OWA server (NT4.0) under services.

Microsoft says that Active Server Pages from Service Pack 3 must also be installed (or reinstalled)

I want to thank you both immensely for your assistance but I will have to pick this up tomorrow as I am working off premises for the rest of the afternoon. Will continue tomorrow – again thank you both for your continuing input.

How can I make sure Active Server Pages from Service Pack 3 are installed and if they are not how do I install them?

Thanks.

You got me there. I looked at the Exch 5.5 SP3 CD that I have and can't find anything about ASP on it. According to MS Q185573 pertaining to a similar problem, here is what they say.

Use the following steps to work around the problem.

Reinstall Internet Information Server version 2.0. To reinstall, do the following:

Open Control Panel.
Double-click Networking and then click the Services tab.
Click the Add button and select Microsoft Internet Information Server. Note that you must have the Windows NT Server 4.0 Installation CD.
Reinstall Active Server Pages from Service Pack 3.

When I follow the above procedure I get a Setup message that states:
“Microsoft Internet Information Server may be installed by another process. Please restart your Network Control Panel Applet.”
This might be because I have already installed IIS – agree? (See previous post) So, MS IIS already appears in the Network Services panel.

If I choose IIS in the Network Services panel and click ‘Add’ I get the same above message.
When I click ‘Properties’ I get the following message:
“Please use Internet Manager to configure the software.”
When I click ‘Remove’ it takes me to the IIS Setup page where I can ‘Add/Remove’, ‘Reinstall’ or ‘Remove All’. If click ‘Add/Remove’ it allows me to add or remove components. This is where Service is listed and checked as if already installed – but – like I stated in a previous post – it does not show up in services.

How can I reinstall Active Server Pages from Service Pack 3 if I do not have the CD? I downloaded the SPs. Can you still get previous Exchange SP CDs?

I would ignore the ASP stuff for now and concentrate on getting to show. If you deselect it (to remove) and reboot, then reselect it to reinstall (and reboot) does it then show up? And what version of IIS are you trying to install?

If this works after the install is complete, you should again run NT 4 SP6a before trying to install Exch SP4

good luck,
Dana

Thanks Dana. I’m at home now but will try this when I’m at the office. I installed IIS version 2.0. I’ll post back when I remove then reinstall the of IIS to see if it shows up. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back