Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version of NetBackup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoessj

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
GB
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to find out the version of NetBackup running on a remote Unix system?

What I want to know is do Veritas provide a command line utility that will report the version of the software installed on the remote system.

The question has arisen from some of our developers who would like to obtain the information remotely without having to ssh into a unix system.

All help much appreciated.

Thanks.

the command you are looking for is
bpgetconfig -s <server_name> -L

You can go to the veritas website and get a list of all command in PDF format to get all the options.
Hope this helps

also you can run the check_coverage script in the goodies directory. I bring that up because it is written in shell and has other features that you may want to incorporate into your own scripts.

Bob Stump
Just because the Veritas documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back