Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version of MASM compatible with Windows ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

radha83

Programmer
Feb 19, 2002
IN
hi,
i have a MASM but it is not compatible with Windows Millenium Edition. Can you please tell me the version of MASM which is compatible with ME.Thanks

Radha

There are loads of old dos assemblers to download for free.

This gives the great advantage of using any old crappy text editor like notepad to write your source then use a dos shell or write a bat file ;) to compile it to exe.

Works great for me and I have total control!

Straiph
I am currently using Turbo Assembler V1.01 and all my 32bit protected mode, task switching blah, blah, blah code compiles and is working just really great!

0000:0000:0000:0000h
The people who have nothing to say and say it too loud have little knowledge, It's the quiet ones you need to worry about!

I believe WinME can't run DOS programs...
'course am not sure if it's that or Win2000. "Information has a tendency to be free. Which means someone will always tell you something you don't want to know."

ok thanks. can you please tell me where i can download the assemblers?
Radha

I know WinME is a bit of a lemmon and I have never tried to run DOS programs on it but if AmkG is right you need to find a Win based assembler.

or you could change your OS.

There is an FAQ for free assemblers.

Straiph
0000:0000:0000:0000h
The people who have nothing to say and say it too loud have little knowledge, It's the quiet ones you need to worry about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back