Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version 9 Migration tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCCDM

Technical User
May 24, 2016
AU
Hi All,

I am having issues using the migration tool to upgrade a box to version 9.

I have just loaded a fresh install of version 8 onto a box and restored a backup. I can access system admin tool using the customers username and password but when I try and access the migration tool, it tells me my username and password are incorrect.

I tried creating a new account to log into the controller to test on the migration tool but I get the same error.

any ideas on why the migration tool won't accept my password?

Thanks,
JCCDM

I have tried using the system username which should have access to everything. how would I check if it has the necessary rights?

In User Authorization Profiles, system login id should be System Admin Policy root and at least System Admin true.

Thanks for that, I confirmed that all those settings were already set. After playing around with it and checking some of the logs, I found that if I ran the migration tool as administrator on my laptop, it worked. not too sure why and this is the only box that has ever needed me to do it but it worked.

thanks for all the suggestions guys

Might have been on a network that forced some group policy bs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back