Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version 9.0 & Windows 2003 Storage Server on HP NAS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alweb99

Programmer
Sep 9, 2002
GB
Hi
Have searched Veritas and can't find a definitive answer, and the FAQ here doesn't specify either.

Is it possible to backup an HP DL100 NAS running Windows 2003 Storage server edition from my existing Backup Exec Version 9.0 via remote agent or do I have to upgrade to Backup Exec 9.1. Currently on build 4367, so I know I will need to do the 4454 upgrade in the FAQ's at least.

I haven't purchased the NAS yet, but need to be sure I can back it up, the 9.0 agent is around £100, but an upgrade to 9.1 for the entire network is obviously a lot more to budget for.

Thanks in advance

Al

Minimum you need is 9.0 4454.

It is a free upgrade to 9.1 - so your budget needed is going to be small.

If you are going to upgrade, it is probably best to go to 9.1.

Thanks Justin,

I found the forums on the Veritas site in the end and found a link to the free 9.1 upgrade there.

The Veritas site has to be one of the most frustrating places to get an answer to queires like this!

Thanks for your confirmation.

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back