Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Version 7.0 / 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2001
GB
Hey,

We are just in the act of upgrading from 4.2 to 6.1 - then our supplier starts talking about 7.0 / 7.1 - I knew it was out (or about to be) but I'm always nervous about anything that is .0

I hear that it's really just a maintenance upgrade and has been numbered 7 just to be in line with all the new version 7 stuff.

I've tried in vain to find any useful documentation on 7 - anybody out there seen anything that indicates anything amazing that's new.

I've found the release notes and most of what appears there is, let's say, "backoffice" - nothing that is going to get us willing to upgrade so soon.

Anyone out there with more info?

Cheers,

Virgil

Thanks, but I've already had a read of that in my desperate search! :)

having read the release notes for both versions there seems to be some features that are "new" in both versions (?)...

I think, if I read any more Cisco documentation today, my head might explode.

...thanks for your help though!

Cheers,

Virgil.

7.0 just got released. We've played with it in the lab and has a lot of cool features and it seems stable. But that is in a lab environment.
My opinion is also to stay away from any .0 release. You don't want to be the one finding all the bugs.

Go to 6.2 and wait for the 7.x to mature a bit more.

Unless you are one of those bleeding edge folks.

Let us know what you decided.

We've stuck with 6.1 - we were too late in the prep work anyway - I just wanted to see if there was anyone out there who'd gone to it in anger.

Talked to a couple of the lab/support guys at our vendor and they said pretty much what I thought...

...maybe another day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back