Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Verizon CPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamrefreshed

Technical User
Jan 4, 2012
US
Has anyone else heard from their AM that Verizon is exiting the CPE maintenance business?

Again? They did this about 10 years ago and gave a majority of their business to one of thier partners. I was there and had to go around and open offices. Then they decided to get back into that business and started collecting customers again.

They never get rid of the big customers, they just want to get rid of the small customers and then they can close offices and lay off technical staff.

This is a been there done that scenario. If they have decided to do this, then it's going to happen. Look for a spike from thier preferred partner.

Verizon will no longer sell Maintenance contracts, as the current ones expire they will not renew.

Even for their large customers?

I wonder (depending on where you are at) it may have to do with the finalization of the Frontier Merger in 2010, although they got rid of the local services in those regions they're still responsible for the support of any equipment that may have sold.

From what we have been told there will be no more contract renewals.

I think it has a lot to do with the PSS authorization from Avaya. The guidelines for providing maintenance are getting harder to maintain. Without PSS authorization moving forward you can't provide PASS or Software support to their products.

Verizon is not getting out totally. What I am hearing is they will still sell the product, but they will not offer the maintenance and professional services on it. I would look at a major partnership with Avaya on this. Verizon out ther selling the product to their customers and Avaya coming in and providing the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back