Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

veritas netbackup

Status
Not open for further replies.

merwa

ISP
Dec 12, 2002

Hi,
After taking backup...with an autoloader...how do I find whether a particular tape is having data or not.I would be gratful for ur answer

Merwa

This is a Veritas Backup Exec forum, not NetBackup... sorry :( I think Veritas has a NetBackup forum on their site, but I'm not sure.

merwa,

In NetBackup, select Reports, Media Lists and note the Last Written Date and KBytes fields as well as any other fields that may be of interest. If you actually want to get listing of the data on the tape, select the Images on Media report.

Actually NetBackup would be a good additonal forum for this site as there are many of us NetBackup users. Short of that you might consider the General Back-up discussion forum available here on Tek-Tips.

Tek-Tips already has a NetBackup forum (called VERITAS: NetBackup in the Server Rack)

/johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back