Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas netbackup on Win2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsek

Technical User
Jan 9, 2003
US
I have 10 tapes in the volume pool. Everyday backup is failling and getting error message like,

Status = media write error

Subject: Backup on xxxxx - 84.

Do I need to re-initialize the retention tapes?

I have one job scheduled Friday afternoon, Still it is running. Normally it used to take 40mins to complete. I have cancelled that job but it did't stop.

Do I need to stop and start netbackup processes on the master server? If yes how?

Thanks in advance.

This may be obvious, but its bitten me once or twice. Are your tapes write-protected? I've gotten an error 96 in this instance, and the GUI happily showed the write-protected tapes as available. Much confusion ensued. A manual check of the tapes showed the problem, which can occur if you bring a tape from the vault and forget to unset the write-protect tab.

Thank you. I have received some tapes from the data center. I am inserting tapes by default they came and adding into appropriate pools. Do you want me to move mannually write-protect tab? How do I know write-protected tapes from the GUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back