Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas NetBackup 4.5 For Windows - how to add tapes back in

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjmarkley

MIS
Nov 1, 2006
US
Dear Fellow Techies,

I am new to NetBackup. We use 4.5 for Windows. We had 39 frozen tapes for which I did the following to unfreeze them:

C:\Program Files/VERITAS\Netbackup\bin\admincmd\bpmedia -unfreeze -m <mediaID> -h <media server>

This worked fine but now I don't know how to get them back into NetBackup and available for backups again.

Your assistance would be most appreciated.

Joe (FNG - Friggin' New Guy)

Are they currently assigned?

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states something as certain, that does not make it a fact and that is truth.

They should be ready to use again already.. Are they not in your "scratch" media volume pool?

They should either be in your scratch media pool or in the available state in their current pool or assigned in their current pool. You can run the bpmedia report (again) if that is how you identified them as being frozen in the first place. This will show you the status of the tapes or the much easier way would be to go into the media and device mgt. and select media and sort by tape number and see if the tape are assigned and what pool they are currently located in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back