Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas - how to find the size of each volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

joephilip

MIS
Apr 29, 2002
US
When I do a vxprint on the volume, it brings the LENGTH in sectors. How do I convert it to get the size in MBs or GBs?

For example, for one of the volumes vol01, the LEN is 10240000; how do I find convert this value to get the exact size in MBs or GBs?

mount the volume and do a df -k :)
or devide LENGTH by 512

eg:
# vxprint OracleU07
Disk group: walmartdg

TY NAME ASSOC KSTATE LENGTH PLOFFS STATE TUTIL0 PUTIL0
v OracleU07 fsgen ENABLED 146800640 - ACTIVE - -

this Volume is 70GByte large

Regards
-- Franz
Sorry I'm not a native spaeker, I'm from Munich, Germany - "Home of the Whopper", oh no, "Home of the Oktoberfest" ;-)
Solaris System Manager; I used to work for Sun Microsystems Support (EMEA) for 5 years

What is the significance of 512.

v vol01 raid5 ENABLED ACTIVE 10240000 RAID -

In my case, vol01 is 4.9GB. But the length shows 10240000. I am not able to correlate it with 4.9GB.

Try this:

For VxFS:

# fstyp -v /dev/vx/dsk/test01/vol01 | grep nau

bsize 1024 size 20480 dsize 91392 ninode 0 nau 3

Multiply the number "AFTER" bsize by the number AFTER "size". That will
give you the size of the filesystem in bytes. To translate to sectors, divide that number by 512.

Therefore, the filesystem size here is 40960 sectors, which matches the volume length.

sorry, I can not tell you what exactly vxprint of a RAID5 means with LENGTH...
I suggest to make/mount the FS and check what newfs/df says...

Regards
-- Franz
Sorry I'm not a native spaeker, I'm from Munich, Germany - "Home of the Whopper", oh no, "Home of the Oktoberfest" ;-)
Solaris System Manager; I used to work for Sun Microsystems Support (EMEA) for 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back