Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas Exec 8.5 Failing Jobs. Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

siulm3

Technical User
Jan 13, 2005
US
I am running Veritas Exec 8.5 and all of my jobs are failing. The back up runs fine for a while until the end. I am getting the following message:

A network connection to the device could not be established.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
The item was not found.

Unable to attach to [server info]...

does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Thank you!!!!

Basically BE is saying that when it tried to connect to the remote resource it couldnt find it (obviously).

First of all make sure the resource is still availible - try creating a new backup job & ensure that you can browse to the remote server.

Hello,

Did you check to make sure that your services are running on your backup server?

I had this problem and I had to restart the Backup Exec Server service.

Good luck!
k5g

try or verify this

restart the beckup exec services on the remote server

verify connectivity to the network of the remote server

open backup exec and create a new job for that server

good luck

I had this problem when I took one of my servers off the network for maintenance. All the error is saying is that it can't find one of the machine's that you had listed in the backup. Go to "job Definitions" and select the job, click on "Selections" and that is where you can unselect the server/machine that is no longer there or find out what machine it is. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back