Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas BackupExec 8.6 File selection problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogoblue

MIS
Apr 18, 2002
US
I am running veritas backupexec version 8.6. I am backup up Exchange server 5.5 mail boxes and the information stores using the veritas exchange agent. I can select and backup the mail boxes but when I select the information stores it says they are empty in the Veritas file selection. I'm sure I am missing something simple. The backup logs reflect that the mailboxes are being backed up but information stores are not.

Any Ideas?

I believe when backing up exchange, your choice is EITHER brick layer OR the information store.
In other words, doing a BRICK LAYER backup is, in fact, a backup of the information store. If you uncheck all individual mailboxes at backup, do a full backup, you'll see that the information store is now available in the selection window!!!
This should not effect the backup of the exchange DIRECTORY, however.

let me know if this helps.

!!

also you need to make sure that full backup of logs is checked under your exchange agent

Jbently,

Thanks for the tip. I now have to follow up the logs to see if it worked.

Regards,

Kevin J Allison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back