Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 Error...Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackMasterson

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2004
US
I am running Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 on a Windows 2000/Exchange 5.5 server environment. I have the backup set up on a weekly rotation, where each Friday night a full backup will be run, followed by Differential backups the rest of the week. The Full back-up ran fine, but on the Diff. backup I received the following:

The job failed with the following error: The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

That is all the log says. Any ideas?

This is happening on a backup, not a restore, right?
Did this just happen once or is it continuing to happen?
Does it report this error on a specific file/directory or consistently in the same place in the backup routine?

Yes, It is happening during backup. I have weekly tape rotations(3 tapes for each week). Every Friday night, a full backup is run, and then starting Monday Night, Differential backups are run, backing up only files that have changed since the full backup. The full backup ran fine, but the Diff. backup has failed each time.

I cleaned the drive today, but have to wait and see until tomorrow to check and see if the backup ran. Since tomorrow is Friday, I will be putting in the next set of tapes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back