Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas and firewall issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingleboy

Technical User
Oct 30, 2004
US
Is it possible for my Veritas Backup to be crashing my hardware firewall?? The backup starts at 8pm every night and the firewall usually crashes twice a week a few minutes after 8:00pm.Help!!

Is it the same days of the week every week? If so, are there any backup jobs that you run ONLY those days?

If yes...then yes it's probably Veritas.

If no...then it's something else. It could be something combined with Veritas, but it's not your job alone.

Here's a way to test....change the time of the job and see if the firewall still crashes.

If it still crashes a few minutes after 8, it's something else running at that time.

If it crashes a few minutes after your new time, yes it's your job.

If it doesn't crash, there's something running at the same time as your backup and the combination is causing the crash.

-SQLBill

Did you follow the testing steps I suggested? If so, what happened?

-SQLBill

Yes- it seems to be happening during the Backups. But Veritas is not set to backup the firewall. God I need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back