Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanie69

Technical User
Feb 15, 2006
GB
Hi there

I have just been employed in my new role as IT in my new company and i am getting alonmg fine one thing i am having problems with is backup exec 9.1
I cannot get my head around it.
I had to re-install it when i started as sum1 had passworded it so it could not be used
Is there some sort of guide for backup exec thats not the 1000+ pages long admin guide's.
Any Help would be super.

Seanie

I am in a similar situation. Although in my case, the system was not tied down, I am having trouble understanding it. My problem is with restoration.
I catalog an archive tape, but the restore wizard does not show me the catalog list from the tape. It shows me a few that are on the drive. The situation is the same for any tape. i have cataloged my archive tape a few times repeatedly. I hope in the process, I did not lose any data.
Please help.
My platform info:
Win 2003 Server
BE 9.1
Thanks.

I am in a similar situation. Although in my case, the system was not tied down, I am having trouble understanding it.
I catalog an archive tape, but the restore wizard does not show me the catalog list from the tape. It shows me a few that are on the drive. The situation is the same for any tape. i have cataloged my archive tape a few times repeatedly. I hope in the process, I did not lose any data.
Please help.
My platform info:
Win 2003 Server
BE 9.1
Thanks.

After cataloging the tape in the devices view right click on the displayed media name and select restore from the drop down menu.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

I did that . But as I mentioned, the restore "list" does not bring up the "new catalog" list form the freshly cataloged tape. It shows me old lists, existing on the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back