Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas 8.6 (Server Paused)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copierbw

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
IE
We use V8.6 on a W2K server. In the Veritas properties the status of the server is "Server paused" and when I try to run a manual backup job it says "scheduled" but never starts. I have checked the W2K services and all the Veritas services are running so I can't see why it wouldn't start to backup. Anyone experienced this and possible solutions will be appreciated...Thanx You don't need eyes to see just a vision.

Thanks found the problem... You don't need eyes to see just a vision.

Copierbw,

Please post your solution. I have the same problem ending with 'backup paused'.

device tab -> right-click on the device ("paused") -> an option allows you to reactivate the device

Thanks sega2sr, but after reactivating the device it just pauses again. Was this Copierbw solution?

Yes sega2sr. Suppose we will never know Copierbw's solution for sure.

yes it's a pity that Copierbw left this topic ..

i try to help you because i had the same problem but i solved it with success by making the following thing :
1°) device tab -> right-click on the device ("paused") -> an option allows you to reactivate the device
2°) firmware's update
3°) reinstall of nt4's sp6a ..

I cannot unfortunately help you more ..

(i'm a french user .. sorry for any wrinting errors :) )

When that happens rebooting the server and the backup device fixes the problem for me.

Thanks very much, sega2sr. Your last tip did the trick! I re-applied the service pack to the Windows 2000 Server and the problem vanished (who’d have thought it given Windows 2000’s new service pack strategy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back