Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas 8.6 - not stopping job when done, waiting for operator input 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFunkyChief

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2004
US
Hello,
Our Veritas 8.6 installation on a Windows2K Server machine is acting strange. One job runs daily, Monday through Friday. The backup/verify takes approximately 6 hours (35 GB). The log shows the job finishes the last verify at 4:30am. However, the clock still runs and doesn't post the job as complete until someone clicks "OK" in the alert window. Furthermore, the notification email for "Operator Attention" is sent every 10 minutes from 4:30am to 8:00am when the users come into work, so they get about 20 Operater Attention emails a day.
I'm sure it's a setting, maybe a bug, but I haven't found any settings that would fix that yet...

Thanks in advance for your time!
Respectfully, Scott

There is a message box that pops up asking to remove the tape from the drive, and the email that is delivered is as follows:

Subject: Operator Attention

(Server: "BX1" Job: "Full Backup" Device: "IBM 1") Please

remove the media from the drive, and Respond OK.

We have "Eject media when job completes" checked and turned off Alerts from popping up (Under ALERTS unchecked "automatically display new alerts".

srace,

If someone's suggestion solved your issue, you should let it be known by giving them a star. How do you do that? Well, go to their post, at the bottom of it there is:

Thank <poster> for this valuable post!

Click on that link and follow the directions.

That's all there is to it.

-SQLBill

Done deal! I didn't know about star system...but I will certainly use it from now on. Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back