Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas 10 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzafar

Technical User
Dec 25, 2006
GB
hi everyone,

im a new member and i like to say what a great forum you have.

problem:

veritas all of sudden not working, event id error 7001 "the datebase does not exist". i have followed few guides to correct this problem but to no avial.

eventually, i got pissed off and ended uninstalling veritas, while it was uninstalling it came up with an error message regarding mysql will have to be removed something etc.

i carried on with the uninstall, rebooted system server 2003. i then tried to reinstall veritas but it can't install mysql and finished the install incomplete. it cant install mysql as it still has files on the system.

so now i cant install veritas at all because of mysql. i have tried to uninsatll msql manually as well but doesnt make sense..any easy way to uninstall??

what shall i do????

many thanks

Oh Boy! You gave up too soon.. It sounds like there was an issue with SQL.. Do you still have your Backup Exec data folder and catalogs? was it a complete uninstall of BE? If so, just uninstall SQL and reinstall the entire program, but make sure there aren't any other programs using that SQL. Verify your services... SQL may have been down.

Zegore, how do i uninstall mysql? when i installed veritas it was part of that program, and now thats unistalled how do unistall mysql, there is NO uninstall file in control panel add & remove program.;

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back