Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Veritas 10.1d sp2 and SQL 2005 problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjax0330

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2005
US
Just got a test sql 2005 system up and running and am in the process of testing backups of sql 2005 sp2. I loaded Veritas sp2 for 10.1d and am able to start backups but the byte count goes up a little then just stops. We are currently running mostly sql 2000 servers and they backup fine but I think we might have had to load the sql 2000 client tools on the Veritas server? Would we need to do the same for sql 2005? Thanks, Joe

You need to install HotFix 6 and HotFix 13 on the media server. After updating the media server, you will need to push install the remote agent to the remote servers (this updates the remote agent). I hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks, I did all that but finally got it figured out and it ended up being something with the switch it was in. Those 2 new sql 2005 servers are in our new rack and we had gotten another switch for the rack so they were basically the only 2 computers on that switch. Anyway, I just ran a longer cable directly to another switch and it worked. Strange though because we were able to get to server fine. Now, we've got to troubleshoot that switch but at least backup is working! Thanks again, Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back