Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Verify Database Automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdMason

Programmer
Jan 19, 2001
US
Everytime I add/change fields to my database, I must go into each report that uses that file and run Verify Database. Is there an easier way to do this? Is there a third party product that would handle this job?
TIA.

Ed,

There is a utility called Crystal Update that allows you to batch edit reports. Seagate produced it after the release of version 6 of Crystal Reports. I could send you a copy if you wish. I haven't used it for a while, so I'm not sure if it works with version 8 reports.

Let me know if I can help.

Steve Chapman

Steve,

I have never seen this utility. Is it from Seagate, something home grown, or is it sold somewhere?

EdMason,

There is a setting in the report that says "Verify on every print". But this doesn't change the file permanently. See the link below for more about this option:

Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

Hello Ken / Ed Mason,

This utility has been written by Seagate. It was introduced between the release of version 6 and 7 of Crystal Reports. I obtained it free from Seagate Technical Support in the UK.

If you would like me to send you a copy, please let me know.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Steve Chapman

Steve,
I would also like a copy.
Thanks for your help!
mason@aas1.com

Hi,

I have also had the problem that Ed mentioned. I would also like a copy of this utility. I was also wondering if I could use the Verify method in my VB code to help the situation (I saw something about it the Developer's help file for Crystal Reports).

Thank you,
cooleenc@altavista.com

Hi,

Steve, Ed, Ken,

I got this file from Steve last year. However, someone at work deleted it by mistake, and my altavista address no longer exists.

Could one of you please resend this file to me?

cooleenclc@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Yes, in VB code (using the RDC) you would use the Verify method of the database object.

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back